- The Army Sports Lottery (ASL) Data Controller is the Army Sport Control Board (ASCB). The ASCB Data Protection Manager (DPM) can be contacted at:
Data Protection Manager
Army Sport Control Board
Email: email@example.com for the attention of the DPM
- The lawful basis for processing your personal data is legitimate interests and the performance of a contract. Your personal details are required for membership activation on our database (if we can’t input these details your membership cannot be processed) and, in addition, for Regular Army personnel your personal details are required for us to notify Defence Business Services (JPA) of your membership request so they can take the membership payment from your salary on a monthly basis.
- Your personal details are held on the database until you cancel your membership. If you have not paid your monthly subscription for 3 consecutive months all your data will be automatically deleted from the ASL database. If you have been in receipt of an ASL grant the database will delete (after 3 consecutive months of non-payment) all personal data apart from: name, rank, number, date joined, date left and the history of any ASL grants. All financial details, including grant applications, are held for a 3 year period; this is a requirement of the Gambling Commission Licence.
- You have the right to right to rectification, erasure, restriction and objection.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint (if the complaint is about the way we have used your personal data) with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- You also have the right to complain to the Gambling Commission (if your complaint is about the ASL gambling process), full details of the ASL complaints process is in our T&Cs.
- If you fail to provide the personal data we require then the ASL cannot process your membership application and you cannot be a member of the ASL.
- Your personal data is never sold to third parties or used for marketing purposes. If you win one of our weekly cash prizes we will publish your surname and initials, rank, unit and ticket number on our website, ASCB social media and Soldier Magazine – note that we will never publish the personal details of any SF personnel. For business purposes we do need to share your personal details with the following:
Regular Personnel: Defence Business Services as they are required to deduct your monthly membership fee from your salary.
Retired and Reserve Personnel: Your data is not shared with any third parties.
To store your login information so that you can browse from page to page without logging in each time
To keep track of customer browsing patterns which helps us to improve the website. If you wish, you can prevent your browser from using cookies by altering its privacy settings. If you need further information, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org